Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Technology Literate Students

After reading the Profile for Technology Literate Students, I feel less upset by the idea of integrating technology into the classroom. I was never horrified by the idea, really, I just felt like it was being taken a step too far. While I still sort of feel that is the case, there are some very interesting ideas laid out in this article. Last week, we read an article that called for creativity in the classroom, but they did not deliver it in the article. That is not the case in this week’s article though. I will be teaching high school students, so I focused more on those topics than the others, and there were some great ones on there. The first one in particular stuck out to me. The task of the students would be to design and develop a learning game, and then test it out. I think that is a fantastic idea, because it trains the students to think of different ways of learning a topic.
The performance indicators of these standards also impressed me. Unlike last week’s article, I felt that they had actually thought about what they were presenting, and what the best way to do that would be. I was largely impressed by the fact that creativity and innovation was the first thing they look at. I found that in school, creativity was saved for the art classes, and was not welcomed or encouraged anywhere else. I would love for this to change. All in all, these were very interesting ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment