Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Module 6

This article was a difficult read for me. It was not written poorly, it was just far too lengthy for my liking on a topic that I didn’t much care about. I feel that week after week we are reading articles that inform us how much we need technology in our classrooms and our workplaces and essentially everywhere in our lives. This is all well and good but how many times must it be said? These articles aren’t really telling me anything new. 20 pages to tell me that America’s schools are no longer the best, and that technology is needed in the classroom? I’m fairly certain I’ve heard that before, phrased in every way possible. Perhaps I am just being dense, but I feel as if I took nothing new from this article.

1 comment:

  1. I agree these articles are very much repetitive. I guess to look more on the optimistic side these articles are in subtle ways forcing us to choose whether or not we will embrace technology or not. All this talk about the benefits are being forced to teachers to take notice but in the end if its forced too much and and relied on too much it's going to lead teachers away from it. If its the new thing to use then there's going to be those teachers who dont want to be part of the "in" crowd of using technology and gain a more pesstimistic outlook on it

    ReplyDelete